IWIKU Gaming

Dismiss this notice
Respect Commitment Success (RCS)

Trusted application example and comment examples
This is written from the perspective of a user applying for Trusted.

Any copying of this application will result in instant denial subjects have been carefully chosen to increase originality and reduce availability to copy. These subjects are not necessarily good to talk about. Any notes are in blue.

Also, this application is above average length. You may not be able to make an application this long, which is fine. Just don't make it too short. Reading the content of this post is less important, the length is the most important aspect.

If you edit your application, you MUST as permission from a super admin or above!

Your Steam name: zopther

Your Team Speak name: zopther

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42255652 Use this site to find it: http://steamidfinder.com/

Your In-game name: zopther

Your Age: Almost 17. We care more about maturity than age, don't lie.

How many Garry's mod hours have you got in total: Over 200 days. Helps us understand your experience.

In what country are you located?: England. Time zones matter.

Your play-time on the server: Over 25 days of in game time. We typically ask for at least 1 day so you understand the rules.

How active can you be on the server: I'm recently very busy, so it varies. Most days anywhere up to 3/4 hrs. But during week it varies substantially. If you can no longer be active, wait until you can again before reapplying.

Are you active the Advanced Gaming TeamSpeak: Yes. This is a requirement.

Do you have a mic and are you able to use it: Yes. This is a very good thing to have.

Your English level on a scale of 1 - 10 (writing and speaking): 10, however my laziness and rushed nature can make it seem lower when I don't concentrate. BE HONEST. It will be obvious in your application how good your English is.

Is this the first application you've made for this rank; if no please state what attempt: No, I have made some before and passed in all of them. BE HONEST. 

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings and why: Any warns I got given were removed due to the false nature of them, therefore, no I have no warns. BE HONEST. We will check. Again, I cant stress how important this is, if you lie, we will know. Be it time on server, issues on server etc.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community; if so, please state what rank and explain your duties as that rank: 
This is probably too much for a previous experience section, however, the more detail you put in, (although it takes up time for staff reviewing your application,) the better.
Yes, currently I am staff on another server as head admin and I have substantial experience in being head admin, owner, super admin, developer, admin and many more. This goes without saying that my experience has allowed me to form good knowledge of ULX, FAdmin and other such commands. My duties in the top three, are as follows:
Owner:
At one point in time I owned two servers, one was a basic Minecraft server and the other a gmod server. They both did well, peaking at a 30 player average with a decent rate of donation, however I closed them both down due to not having enough time to put into managing the server the amount I'd like to.
Head-Admin:
Currently I am head admin at **********, (You should always blank out server names, for me it is IWIKU.) My duties as head admin are to manage the staff team and server issues such as new punishment or reward schemes and much more like aiding players with issues they have throughout their time on the server.

Developer:
As developer I got given tasks to do from server owners at ***********. This server is still up and running so if the upper staff feel appropriate they can contact the owners, I can give them the details needed, (always good if you can give us owner details on question.) Also, I worked on side projects for them, developing new plugins, addons and external programs. I still do develop third party programs, however these are mainly for school or for the server I'm currently head admin on.

Why should you be chosen for this rank? (Should be at least 1 paragraph answer):
This is possibly the most important paragraph of your application. I will write more than one paragraph, however it will show you the length it should be.
I feel I should be chosen for this rank due to a number of reasons. For example, I believe I'm a hard worker and a good example of how players should act on the server. I put in extra work doing things other players wouldn't such as improving forum posts and other such areas of the forums. I have become friendly with most people on the server and I believe I'm easy to get along with not causing many issues in RP and if anything, improving players role play. My experience in role play servers allows me to role play, (or at least I feel,) better than the average player. 
Although writing about in game actions is good, its not necessarily a key feature we require in staff. Try to focus on why you would be good at staffing not why you would be good in game.
     All this being said, role play and friends isn't the most important part of being a trusted. My ability experience and hard working nature will give me the ability to learn and improve as a member of staff, bettering myself every day. Lastly, at school I've studied subjects like psychology. Although this may seem irrelevant in a staffing situation, my study into memory, psychopathology and lies, allows me to easily retain information from people who many have forgotten a situation or lied in situations. The way to do this is by techniques such as the cognitive interview which police do when taking eye witness testimonies.
     Granted, you may feel my knowledge into psychology is useless, however I honestly feel that this would help in staffing. Lastly, my previous knowledge, community friendship, understanding of social situations and other like knowledge allows me to handle people in a calming defusing nature.
The middle paragraph is the size your paragraph should be. The additional two are extra information which is very good to include, but is also above average. Remember, this is basically a CV, if you put effort in, it impresses us and increases the chance of acceptance.

Do you understand, that if you're in-active without a valid reason you will be demoted: Yes.

Do you understand, that you will have to be forum, server and TeamSpeak 3 active or you will face a demotion: Yes.

Do you understand, that if you do get denied, this means you can apply again: Yes.

What server are you applying for staff?: MilitaryRP.
If you need me, message me on the forums or poke me on TS.
Thanks given by:
Note, I will be pretending that its a users application and this should be the kind of response from staff.
This is an example of a GOOD response.

Positives:
Good amount of detail.
Has a vast amount of experience.
Knowledge in psychology will aid with complex situations.
Seems to have good social abilities and knowledge of how to handle people.

Negatives:

"Am currently head admin" -- Already staff elsewhere, therefore cannot devote time to server.
Does not have a lot of time to contribute towards the server due to real life.

What to do to improve:
It is a requirement that you are not staff elsewhere, therefore you need to resign there first. (Yes, I know, I am staff on AG. This is presuming its a new user.)
Improve server availability as you cannot be fully active as of yet.

Verdict:
-1 When you have resigned from staff on the other server, (again, yes this is AG so its not a different server, this is presuming its a new player who is not already staff,) then it will change to a +1 as almost all over aspects are really good.
Thanks given by:
This is an example of a BAD response.

-1 all reasons above.

We do not expect this kind of response from staff.
Thanks given by:

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon